HomeGalleryPortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Charity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tocharian

PostSubject: Charity   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm

I lost my friend in a cathedral last week, when I found her I said 'I was going to put this coin in the Help-the-Poor can but I got caught up looking for you.'

She replied 'just as well, I don't believe religion should be connected to charities.'

I had to disagree, I think the better parts of religion are all about helping others. So it got me thinking; I've never heard or come across a charity sponsored by a Pagan religion. Sure people donate, and are active in a great many charities, I assume this goes for individuals and covens as a whole. What I mean is something recognizable, like that Christian Childrens Fund, or whatever it's called. Perhaps it's that many don't view there way of life as a religion? Is it the lack of funds our community has, or would it not be well recieved, or is it due to the community being rather disjointed and ununified?

It's been on my mind recently, so I thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: Charity   Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 pm

thanks for sharing i believe its because of our mainly christian run society we would only be ignored if we approached a charity and asked to support them or even if we had our own
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/

Charity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1