HomeGalleryPortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Don't Play With Fire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narada

PostSubject: Don't Play With Fire   Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 pm

Apologies for the thread title, I couldnt think of anything else, it's like 2am and I need some coffee...

Anyway, ah will my questions ever cease, you guys should have never let me join up lol.

I did some research into candle magic today, just a little reading up. I read that the simplest form of candle magic spell was to write down your aim, wish, whatever onto a piece of 'virgin' (unused) paper, and slowly burn it, then leave the candle to burn itself out. Using the correct colour candle for the correct type of spell of course.

My question(s) are: A) does this 'simple' spell work, or is it, because of its simplicity, not effective? and B) How do candle spells become more complicated? When you start including different colours of candles in the same spell, or what?

Thanks to all in advance for answers, or indeed questions, you havent let me down so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!

PostSubject: Re: Don't Play With Fire   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 am

Good thread started here - thank you, Narada.

Simple is often best and simplicity does not mean ineffective in any way.

However, candle spells can become more complicated when you start mixing colours to represent different aspects of the spell that is being worked and/or introducing herbs, oils, carvings/inscriptions, crystals ... the list can go on and on.

and your heart be filled with Love!

Brightest Blessings!

http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk/Lunarcraft/Index.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Don't Play With Fire   Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:31 am

Candle magic is in a league of it's own...I would recommend purchasing a few books on the subject if you really are interested, it is simple magic (mostly) and often effective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order

PostSubject: Re: Don't Play With Fire   Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Candle magick is indeed often simple and effective, but as has been said, there are many different methods, from just charging a candle with intention to incorporating other methods like words, runes, sigils, oils etc etc into a more complex spell. In fact candle magick can be used as a small part of a spell. Particularly useful for spells that work over a long period of time. In this case a spell can be done focussed around a candle, and a little of the candle can be burnt each day. But yeah, that's more complex.

A few things to remember though. Wax picks up energies really easily and they tend to stick, so ALWAYS CLEANSE BEFORE YOU CAST! lol. Also, some traditions maintain that spelled candles should not be blown out but either left to burn out or pinched or snuffed out. I think the root of this is that the act of blowing out the candle brushes away the energy from the spell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Play With Fire   

Back to top Go down

Don't Play With Fire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1