HomeGalleryPortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Djinn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indigo

PostSubject: Djinn   Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:18 am

I have seen so many items for sale on ebay claiming to be haunted by a djinn (genie) they are demons and can have a nasty side like us humans there is nice and then theres bad,

I looked at the rings and most look dead to me just old tat and why would a djinn want to haunt a ring that proberly costs £5.99

It has sparked a huge interest for me in this area

And understand there is spells to summon a djinn and to bind it to a ring

I am interested in making a haunted ring of my own maybe not with a djinn attached but with spells preformed on it and haunted by my energys

This may interest tomi as it interested me and i know this is more his area

Indigo/D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:50 pm

*ears pricked*

What do you mean by haunted by your own energies? Like a part of your consciousness, turning some of your energies into a seperate being (kinda like a servitor) or y'know, something else?

Also, when you say a Djinn is like genie, how so?

Sorry about the questions instead of answers, but you got me all interested! lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Indigo

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:35 pm

A djinn (genie) is suspose to grant wishes etc

I was thinking using my energy to make it haunted with my energys and simple spells at first and then more advance when i get more to that level as spells is very new to me

Indigo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Haunted as in charged with his energies Aoife. And I don't think Djinn are servitorial, but they may be, as they are summoned with spells, so you may be on to something.

Indigo, I'd love more information from you, it seems very interesting. Don't forget, spirits don't go to items which cost more, money is of no object in the afterlife, I'd presume..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narada

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm assuming I shouldn't be freaked out by the word 'haunted', which I kinda am even after Loggy's definition?

It all sounds a bit aladdin to me, I've heard of stones containing different energies before (though sadly as of yet been unable to feel it myself), but enchanted items? Genies? If there were genies in existance (I'm not saying either way, I dont know) wouldnt it be a severe invasion of free will to trap them in a ring? Or am I understanding it all wrong?

Apologies (like Aoife said) for all the questions, I've hardly helped matters lol. Interesting thread, you learn something new every day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nos Llew-Blaidd

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 am

it is my understanding that a djinn is a genie but as a note of cauation do not trust a djinn as it is a demon i would point you to the wishmaster films so you could see what i mean even so i have never met or herd of a real djinn hence the movie advice i woulld also reccomend only as reference for you to look up djinn in the book dictionary of demons by fred gettings and also use the net as well.

demons are not to be trusted
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sanctuaryforheartandmind.webs.com/
LunarCraft
Forum Mother!!
Forum Mother!!

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 am

After having a conversation with Indigo regarding djinns, I carried out a bit of research and found that djinns are also called genies ... but indeed they are the nasty side of the genre. Djinns are fire spirits with a malevolent streak ... I certainly would not like to own something that had a djinn captured inside - I imagine it would be not very happy with the situation!!!! (I pre-edited my choice of words so I would not be Modded!!!! Razz )

and your heart be filled with Love!

Brightest Blessings!

http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk/Lunarcraft/Index.htm

Last edited by LunarCraft on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.the-willow-tree.co.uk
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 am

i've heard of djinn/genies... didn't interest me that much, but a 'haunted' item would be created in a similar fashion to a poppet or voodoo doll... cursing your anger and acting upon your mentality into the physical into the ring or whatever is the general way of going about it...

beside that, i dont know much on that side of things, but it would be .... well not cool, but interesting to have one.

though there can be a problem, if you arent carefull, and the object is 'haunted' then it can haunt not just other people hwho come across it, but you yourself, so a prtection amulet acaints it would help as well......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:59 am

Interesting points all round. I've heard of beings that were linked with an object that had a certain amount of power, and was bound to use that power to the will of the owner of the object. But I think that was a servitor, either way that would be a bit like a djinn, right?

As Jaska said you can channel anger into an object. Anger is particularly effective because it is strong, potent and seems 'tangible' and forceful, but the same could be said of a fierce joy, for example, or any strong emotion. The object would, of course, then be charged with that particular emotion, rather than a more general all-round 'self'.

The only trouble with making a ring like that is that if you impress your character upon the ring (rather than just straight up filling it with energy) then you'd have to be careful not to let it become like a poppet (ie - where the object becomes a representation of you) because then the rings condition could theoretically have an effect on you. (I think if you properly named the object something unrelated to you, and specified in the naming that the object was now seperatefrom you, then that would do the trick, but there's probably a better way of making sure. This is just a precaution by the way, promptd by my paranoia. lol.) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Spider

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:59 pm

Cool Surely this is basic talismanic magic, the engorging of an object with power or purpose. Motive must decide between djinn or genie, the master producing the object presumably creating or being in possession of the entity to be employed. Whether it be a gift or a booby trap surely rests with his motives.
Just beware of strangers bearing pots!!!!
Stay strong.....Spider Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Djinn   

Back to top Go down

Djinn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: Magick and Spellcrafting-
Jump to: