HomeGalleryPortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Servitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logmadr

PostSubject: Servitors   Thu May 22, 2008 8:16 am

I just thought I would add a little information to MerryMoot: Servitors/Thoughtforms are a very useful piece of magic to know. They are separations of your own conciousness which are imbibed with specific qualities; e.g. for spying on someone and recognising the different energy work they are performing, for gathering energy from another person, to send to someone to destroy their focus, etc. I currently have a couple on the go for various different reasons!! They are made by either going through a serious level of meditation and thought (Gnosis) or making them through a sigil and imbuing a sigil with the properties you would like...

I just thought it might be an enlightening subject to talk about for some people!!

Enjoy the weekend folks, if you'd like any more information on servitors let me know!!

Logmadr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 am

I hve heard of them... read something on them (from this place http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Magick.html)
... tried it but didnt work lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dark-light.forumotion.co.uk/
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   Thu May 22, 2008 10:08 am

Good topic.

You can also combine the two methods described above and create a sigil whilst in Gnosis - that's how I learnt to make them anyhoo. Very Happy

Have also heard of them being made for use on onesself - ie to cleanse the chakras when needed, but this is apparently very uncomfortable and distracting - if you made it you'd be much more aware of it's presence than someone else I guess. So yeah, probs better just to cleanse them yourself lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am

I used to use the combined method as well, but have recently discovered that the two methods SEPARATELY work better: It differentiates between the two methods and each way makes servitors in different aspects: For servitors of negative intent or cloaking, it's best to use the Gnosis, as it is less flamboyant. When making a sigil (I will find a way to take a picture of one of my sigil based servitors and post it!) it is better for healing others, protecting, guarding, etc.

I know a very interesting story that I have probably posted on here already, but shall do so again...

A man, warlock to be precise, created a servitor a few years ago with the intent to bend time to the users will. He made this an open servitor, sigil based, meaning anyone who knew the sigil could use and control the servitor for their will with the smallest of energy depletion...

This servitor was used for many years, as the warlock passed his sigil to all he thought may use it. Although most sigils are "closed limit" meaning that after, say, 500 days the servitor will dissintegrate. Everyone that used the servitor would splice a little of his own energy into it, powering the servitor.

The servitor, who's name eludes me presently, began to get greedy, taking and asking more power than was needed. After accumulating enough power he evolved into into an Egregore, which basically means a servtor more powerful than the man who created him.

After a few more years of being used, the Egregore developed a lust for being craved. He began to fight the Time-Lord, Tempus, the being who controls all time flows and fluctuation, and won. Hence about 2 years ago the constant time wasping of everyone's lives....

The Egregore has now superceded Tempus and is ruling Time, until a day that Tempus or another can take over the throne...

Just a little bit of information there!! Got that from the Chaos Matrix!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aoife
Overlord and Mistress all of Word Order

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Logmadr said....
Quote :
I used to use the combined method as well, but have recently discovered that the two methods SEPARATELY work better: It differentiates between the two methods and each way makes servitors in different aspects: For servitors of negative intent or cloaking, it's best to use the Gnosis, as it is less flamboyant. When making a sigil (I will find a way to take a picture of one of my sigil based servitors and post it!) it is better for healing others, protecting, guarding, etc.

Okay debate time! lol.
Why should negative intented (that's not even a word is it? Oh well, you know what I mean!) servitors be less 'flamboyant'? Sigils aren't necessarily flamboyant anyway - depends how complex you make them. And what if what you're doing is boarderline positive/negative, or neither? And surely the method used should depend on the makers strengths - if someone feels no affinity with sigils, wouldn't they be better off using Gnosis, as they might have more control with that approach?
I find the combined way works really well for me - I like having sigil base to my servitors, it means I can remake an identical one from the same sigil, by altering it ever so slightly, and renaming it - but it's much easier for me to make the sigil in Gnosis.
How did you come to start using the methods seperately?

Wow...er....long post, many questions, sorry bout that! lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squirrelspotter.livejournal.com/
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 am

Flamboyants as in attractive: if you make a servitor using a sigil, they are much more noticed than if you make one using Gnosis. If you make a sigil based servitor, they usually "shine" more in your senses. They attract power because they feed off power, and they are beacons, whereas if you make a servitor using Gnosis, after the first making of the servitor, it will become it's own entity, using part of your own psyche. It does not need sustenence from anyone or anything, as it will have it's own power source, whereas sigil based servitors need constant replenishment from either the maker or the user, hence the sigil based servitor that aspired to Egregore. By negative intent, I mean going unnoticed, not negative itself, but mostly used for negativity: if you are making a servitor for good purposes, why does it matter if it's noticed? As for the complexity of the sigil, it has no difference.

You can, of course, use either method willy nilly, but if you have an affinity with neither or both, then it is preferable to use this method: creating a sigil in Gnosis isn't usually the best way to make SERVITOR sigils, just normal sigils.

Me using the methods separately started when I had the need to make a servitor so it went unnoticed, without needing to replenish itself and I needed to make sure it couldn't be traced back to me. This was why I chose the Gnosis method as it means the servitor gains some of my psychic abilities (e.g. cloaking and decepting) along with the added cloaking of not having a sigil to draw attention to those with the power and experience to recognise them, or my particular brand of sigils...

Quick question: since when could you personally go into Gnosis? I had the impression anything beyond basic meditation eluded you? Shocked

Logmadr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servitors   

Back to top Go down

Servitors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merry Moot :: Discussion Boards :: Magick and Spellcrafting-
Jump to: